Monday, July 26, 2010

Mistake? or divine intervention?

So, I have a question ... for myself and for the ether I guess....

my current painting - It has come out different than I had planned. Do I change it or leave it?

The reason I ask is that when I paint, I invite spirit in to become manifest in my work and to express the energy of the chakras that I am painting right there on the paper. Each piece that I do has been different, moving in different directions and manifesting different characteristics - something that I am really enjoying.

The latest piece that I am doing is for a couple that I know, and the husband has some stomach issues at the moment. As I begun painting all of the chakras, the yellow chakra - manipura - that lies over the solar plexus, was a lot smaller than the others. This made me think of my friend and his ailing gut and I wondered if this was being reflected in my work. When I came back to this chakra to finish it and add the outside petals, I completed it and as soon as I lifted the brush off the page, realised that there are ten petals and I only painted six. Something I realised straightaway and yet had not seen or noticed in the time I was painting them. The question is then, do I leave them, incorrect in number but perhaps as a personal connection to their future owner - or do I fix it to keep the number of petals correct?

A very large part of me wants to fix it to keep it right, but I am very much siding with leaving it, happy at how it looks and intrigued by the error and it's connection to my friend.

And on a very interesting side note, when I googled manipura, I found a note saying:

"Anyone experiencing dysfunction of the third chakra is having difficulty obtaining or maintaining his/her own "personal power". This intuitive chakra is where we get our "gut instincts" that signal us to do or not to do something."


- perhaps this reference is a note to myself as well, that I need to develop this chakra and my intuition. Perhaps then I will know whether to do.. or to do not.

mmmm



A previously completed work with ten petals.

The latest incarnation with only six petals.

No comments:

Post a Comment