Thursday, December 30, 2010

Amazing buttons

While things have been quiet on the painting front over the last few weeks, I've been filling my evenings with knitting.

I've shown you the neck warmers that I've made... well, I had a few more that I'd finished but these were waiting for some amazing buttons that I found on Etsy.



The buttons are made from oak and I absolutely love the rustic look of them, complete with bark and moss. Stunning! The green you can see in the moss, goes perfectly with some wool I found a few weeks ago. A couple of balls made two neck warmers. One for my sister in law for christmas



and one for me.



I wore it today with the temperatures at around 20 below and it is sooo warm. I love them so much, I want to go and get more wool to make a few more. If it wasnt so cold, I'd be tempted to run out straight away to get some to knit up tonight.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve - a time for reflection and resolutions. I have had an amazing time experiencing the last few months of this year. I dont think I'll find it hard to think of things to wish for and draw into my year for 2011.

Time for me to put little people to bed... have an amazing New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment