Sunday, November 21, 2010

the creative muse and neck warmers

I've been laying low for the week - I will blame it on the weather!! It has snowed here and then got quite chilly and instead of painting, I've been knitting!!



I got the hankering for a neck warmer - like a scarf, just smaller. There are some beautiful pieces on Etsy, which is another past time I enjoy when it is chilly and I find myself with cup of tea in hand trying to keep warm.

But then I got to thinking, I do know how to knit. How hard can it be to knit a scarf? Well, not that hard at all really. And now that my little people are a little more independent and I can put my knitting down and not have one of these little people pull it off the needles, what was I looking on Etsy for?

So, I've been knitting. I made one for me out of some beautiful wool I had been given years ago. It was a skein of hand dyed, hand spun alpaca/merino wool. Gorgeous.



Then my darling daughter wanted one...





and then a friend of mine who owns a consignment store in town, http://shopatlilsprouts.com/ said she would carry them. And before I knew it, I've spent the week with the click clack of knitting needles. I love that sound - for me it is very comforting because it reminds me of my mum. She has always knitted and I loved falling asleep with my head on her lap with the rhythm of the needles as they moved, clickety clackety.


So, here is what I've done after a week!! My fingers actually hurt!! Next project - to make some wooden buttons to add as decorations for future creations!



It really is interesting what happens when you invite the creative energy of the universe to flow through you.



(Autumn wants to keep them all!! My hands will be busy if I have to keep her in neck warmers as well as make some to sell)

1 comment: