Sunday, May 1, 2011

taxes done... its time to paint!

It is a very good feeling to be done the taxes. I'm not what you would call a numbers girl... I can get them done, but I dont really enjoy it (does anyone?). And it is a bit tough doing them when the kids are home from school on holidays for the week... but, they are done!

So, today, I got to paint.

It was my reward for crossing another thing off my to do list since coming home from Australia.

My friend Karen had asked me to paint a tiny wee little painting of Ajna - the third eye chakra.


Here it is thrown into a frame just to see how it would look.

She also asked me to paint a smaller chakra lineage painting - I love the way it turned out as well - lots of play with the movement within the whirling centres, linking the lines to each other, more so than what I usually do with the larger pieces.


I also finally got my contract and artist information emailed off to the Saskatoon Women's Art Alliance, SHEBAM festival. It is coming up in June. I can not wait to see my painting hanging on a wall with all of the other amazing work. Of course, first I have to frame it. So, putting it out there to the universe... Framing Needed Pronto!

Now, that I have this painting thing up and running again, I think I would like to keep it up!!

Ahh, spring. Amazing the difference it makes to me - I think in one week, I have written as many blogs as I wrote over the entire winter.

3 comments:

  1. Loving the mini's! I feel your joy when you paint! Welcome home to yourself. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome home to myself is right! thanks. cant wait to see what else arrives on the paper!

    ReplyDelete